Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 3

Sorry I missed a day, folks. I was dead to the world when I got home from work. On to something interesting: my views on drugs and alcohol. I'll have a glass of wine every once in a while with Alex. If I'm celebrating something, it'll be a couple glasses. But, I don't drink to the point where I black out or get sick. I think alcohol is yet another thing that's ok in moderation. However, there are people that just drink in excess. I have friends that do that, and it just isn't pretty. If you don't know you're limit or can't stick to it, don't drink.

As for drugs...never start. I have (more like had) friends that currently smoke pot and have done harder drugs. And they're all kinds of screwed up. I've done that stuff. Then I did it too much. I don't know why people get into that. I did it because I had something horrible happen to me, and it dulled the pain. Sometimes that high just makes the world stop, and you don't have to deal with anything or anyone anymore. Then you crave that release from reality, so you do it more and more. Then your body will just give out. It happens to everyone, and don't let them tell you otherwise. Some of us are lucky and live. But others, aren't. So...I say stay away from it all. A temporary high isn't worth death. 

No comments:

Post a Comment