Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 1

It was the day before my 21st birthday. He was 28. I had moved to Maryland 2 months prior, and I didn't know anyone. I didn't even have family close by. So, I decided to join a dating site. I'd tried several before (with horrible results), but I was mainly looking for a friend. I came across his profile, and I noticed we had a lot in common. I sent him a message, even though I was 99% sure I wouldn't hear anything back. A few minutes later we started chatting. It was kind of weird at first because he knew about all these obscure things I liked and understood them. The next day he asked me out.


Then...we hit a bit of a rough patch. All of my relationships before him had ended badly. I felt like he was too good to be true. So I basically broke up with him before he could break up with me. I guess I just panicked. Thankfully, he didn't give up on me. Every time I talked to him, he told me how much he cared about me and for me to give him a chance. July 18, 2009 we became an official couple.

June 8, 2010, he proposed. He was taking me out to lunch, and before we left he told me to sit down and close my eyes. He said he loved me, and I was the best thing that ever happened to him. And that I was his perfect match, and he didn't want anyone else. Then he asked me to be his wife. I think you all know what my answer was...

We originally wanted a medium sized wedding. But after adding up the costs and how long we would have to wait, we decided to bypass all of that. August 2010 we set our wedding day for October 26, 2010. After several long weeks, the day had arrived. And...the rest is history :)


No comments:

Post a Comment