Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day/Singles Awareness Day

Yes, I'm putting both. I'm kind of on the fence when it comes to today. This is the 2nd Valentine's Day where I haven't been single. I will admit that it is a commercial holiday, but what if you choose to ignore whatever's on TV or what's in stores? And what if you use today just to show everyone you love a little bit of extra attention? I agree that you should show them you care everyday, but if you think about it it's not always possible.

There's work schedules, for one. What about people in the military? Or any long distance relationship in general? I only mean that sometimes people don't have the means or the opportunity to show how much they love someone. And I think today provides a special outlet for that for those that choose to use it. And that's my two cents for the day.

Now without alienating my readers or offending those that are single or just hate this holiday in general, I would like to share a couple of pictures. Don't worry. They're not sugary sweet:
The card I got for Alex. I love the design.
The inside
The card my sister in law gave us. Yes, she drew that herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment