Sunday, February 6, 2011

#9 Watch 10 documentary films

This one was very interesting for me. I saw 10 very different films. But out of all of them my favorite was This Film Is Not Yet Rated. The subject of censorship is absolutely fascinating to me. It's just so interesting to see what offends one person, yet doesn't make another person flinch. I think movies are a classic example of that. My personal opinion about movie ratings is that the people who rate these movies are only going by how it makes them feel. The more sexual it is, it tends to be NC-17. And I've seen so many NC-17 movies that are tame compared to what just gets PG-13. Oh well. Yet another thing people will never agree on, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Censorship is very interesting to me as well, although I've focused primarily on books in the past. I've added this film to my netflix queue so I can check it out!

    ReplyDelete