Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Devil You Know

Today I finally finished "The Devil You Know" by Mike Carey. All 501 pages of it. It's about Felix Castor, an exorcist hired to get rid of a ghost in a London archive building. The case quickly becomes more complicated when he realizes there's foul play involved. It was a pretty decent book, all things considered. The only thing I didn't like was that there seemed to be a lot of explaining the same thing more than once. And the author had a very roundabout way of tying people or events together. I guess I just prefer a straightforward explanation. But it's still an intriguing story, and I loved the main character. I felt bad for him at the same time. He has the worst luck, but then again he is a contract exorcist. I think what I loved most is that it went from horror to mystery, but it was flawless transition. I highly recommend this as long as you're not squeamish.

No comments:

Post a Comment