Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 review pt 1

 I was trying to figure out out I wanted to sum up 2010. I was just going to make a boring list, but I realized I really don't want to do that and don't have the time to. Then I found this meme from a fellow blogger. So here's the mindless part 1 of my 2010 review:

1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Got married and moved away from my family.

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions from last year and will you make any for 2011?
I didn't make a resolution. But I did make a list of things I wanted to accomplish. I think I only finished 3 or 4 out of 10.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, and I have a super cute nephew.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope

5. What countries did you visit?
No countries, unfortunately

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
More money lol. And hopefully we'll be able to get our own place.

7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory...and why?
October 26, 2010, the day Alex and I got married.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Cutting ties with my parents and bad friends.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't think I really failed anything. I just had to push back some goals.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I got sick right before Thanksgiving. Other than that, no.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
An out of print comic bought that Alex has been searching for for over a year

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Alex and his family. They took me in when I had no place to go, and they've been my support system during this whole transition.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My parents. And the "friends" that I thought would always be there for me.

14. Where did most of your money go?
The wedding, reception and of course bills

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Getting engaged, moving in with Alex, getting married then finding a job

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
I can't pick just one song. I have a frackin soundtrack.

17. Compared to last year, are you...
...happier/sadder? much happier
...thinner/fatter? thinner by about 10 pounds
...richer/poorer? richer, but not by much

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Been honest with others

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Stressing out about random stuff

20. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
Going to see a movie with Alex, out to lunch then I'm making lasagna for family dinner

21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
I fell harder for Alex :)

22. How many one-night stands?
Ummm, this meme knows I'm married, right?  ( I had to keep her answer lol)

23. What was your favorite TV program?
I must confess, Teen Mom, I was totally addicted to that trashy show.  (Yeah...me too)

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I make a point not to hate people. That being said, there definitely some people I still don't like.

25. What was the best book you read in 2010?
Foop! by Chris Genoa

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Along Those Lines. Awesome guys and great performers.

27. What did you want AND get?
My drivers license and a job

28. What did you want and NOT get?
A car

29. What was your favorite film of the year?
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

30. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
Hung out and had dinner. I'm 22

31. What ONE thing would have made your year immensely more satisfying?
Winning the lottery?

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Comfort. I was all for comfort

33. What kept you sane?
My husband and my in laws

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don't really have a favorite. Most celebrities annoy the everliving crap outta me.

35. What political issues stirred you the most?
I really don't pay attention to politics anymore

36. Whom did you miss?
No one really

37. Who was the best new person you met?
All of my co-workers. I work with some kick-ass chicks

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson that you learned in 2010.
Don't stress out, everything really does happen for a reason and just be yourself.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
From "Killing Loneliness" by HIM:
"With the warmth of your arms, you saved me". I went with this one because Alex and I grew closer throughout the year, and he was definitely my rock during all the crappy times.

No comments:

Post a Comment